To try to fight for the first positions of the searches, you will need all the possible weapons, combine several strategies and above all a lot of perseverance. The organic positioning of your website in the results, depends on so many factors that you must be firm and not go crazy, but focus on the most important aspects to improve your SEO keyword strategy.
The world of SEO evolves every day, so it is important to have a team that works to develop a professional positioning plan, analyzing the most appropriate keywords and constantly improving the content to try to reach the best positions in searches that you are more interested
Steps to create an effective SEO positioning strategy:
- Analysis of primary keywords
- Determine secondary keywords
- Evaluate current status and competence
- Optimize the web based on keywords
- Plan content
1. Analysis of primary keywords.
The main objective of SEO positioning strategies is to classify as many search phrases as possible , Internet users are increasingly experts in search, so we should not only consider keywords, but the phrases that your customers use objective to search and research information about what your products or services offer.
It is impossible to rank in the top positions for all combinations of keywords, so it is advisable to focus on those with a higher volume of monthly searches and with less difficulty to place it in the top positions. Assess each of these aspects:
- Volume: It is very variable from one key word to another, some keywords have high temporality and others are conditioned by specific events or situations. But if you want to have an estimate, you should assess that in a sector with a lot of competition and search volume you should focus on words of at least 1000 or 1500 monthly searches and if you are in a highly specialized sector at least 300 or 400 searches per month.
- Difficulty of the keywords: It is a score that tells you how difficult it can be to naturally position your keyword. It depends on the actions and number of competitors that are bidding to appear in that search. A good practice is to look for keywords that have a difficulty below 75.
- Evaluate the results of the first page: You must know what happens with each keyword, who appear, why and if it is possible to earn your place, it may be worthwhile to focus on long-tail terms that allow you to reach a niche of searches with possibly less competition, but a smaller volume of searches but of higher quality.
Therefore, try to focus on the words of least difficulty and greater volume possible , you may not be able to enter the big fight for the main words, but you can get a considerable volume and more quality with more effective keywords.
2. Determine secondary keywords.
Around the keywords of your business, they spin many terms that can complement and are semantically related to the main keywords, so think of additional keywords for which you would like to position . Prepare a list of all the keywords that people can write in a search engine related to your website. The more keywords you prepare, the stronger your SEO strategy will be.
3. Evaluate current status and competence.
It is very important to make an assessment of your current position, the situation in which you are and what your competence is. Analyze how your competitors position in an organic way , which pages of your website are generating traffic or what keywords position.
Knowing how your competition acts allows you to better optimize your strategy, see the trends of results or even learn from best practices.
4. Optimize the web based on keywords.
Once you have determined the keywords that you want to position, you must optimize your web pages and the content towards those keywords.
- Include the appropriate keywords in each title that is less than 60.
- Make sure you add them in the meta description and URL of the page.
- Check that you include the words within the text of the page.
- Includes calls to action.
- Includes the main theme tag.
- Use sub-titles that include the keyword phrase
- Looking for variations of the target keyword.
- Make sure that the keyword and variations of the keyword are used frequently (at least 10 times) throughout the publication of the blog.
- Including at least 2 internal links to related product pages and blogs on your own website
5. Plan content.
The optimization of SEO elements of web pages, are only part of the strategy. You must also make the content of the page associated with the search terms that you expect to reach your site. Think that search engines want to give relevant and authoritative information to users , if your page highlights that is more likely to appear.
A digital strategy must be flexible and evolve according to adjustments what works for you and what does not . Analyze the different searches depending on the phases of the buying process of your buyer person.
- Discovery: keywords that focus on the problem or symptoms that a visitor may have or may be experiencing on a topic.
- Consideration : keywords focused on specific names and solutions that your product or service offers.
- Decision: keywords and more commercial content, which helps the potential customer to make the purchase of your products or services
We also want you to check: 8 things every business needs to know about SEO